Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Yikes I have been tagged (three times now!)...Part 2

My next tag has come from Jen and I just have to list 6 Unspectacular Quirks about myself. Feel free to do this one too...although I prefer to think of them as "spectacular" quirks-so here goes:
1. I am a symmetrical thinker. What I mean by this is that I have to have everything hanging on the wall centered with the furniture centered and balanced. The pictures also have to be straight. I am always making sure that this happens in my house and in my office and I am sure that I drive people crazy, although I do get calls from friends asking to help them hang things...
2. The toilet seat lid in my bathroom always has to be down. If I walk in and it is up, the first thing I do is make sure that it is down-I think this is mostly because I am afraid of things falling in and I read a study a few years ago that said the water can spray up to 6 feet when flushed. Bleck.
3. I am always thinking of ways to decorate my house. It takes a long time and happens in bits and pieces, but I love to put the personal touch on everything that I have and make sure that it involves my personality. Here is a sample of a shelf in my room:
There is a pic of me when I am little, my Mom when she was little, my Grandma's copy of the book, "Anne's House of Dreams", a snow globe from Florence, a picture of the Savior that has been with me since I moved to Rexburg for my first year of college, an old world globe from my Grandparents, a handmade flower from a trip to Hawaii, and a few more things that speak for themselves. I love it every time I look at it.
4. I dance like a middle class white girl. I do not have the beat. In fact, I only dance when no one is looking because I am afraid that 911 will be called with the report that I am having convulsions.
5. When I go bowling, after I throw the ball, I strike my Wonder Woman pose of standing there with my hands on my hips. It is just a reflex-but come to think about it, I do stand like that a lot (refer to the above pic of me striking the pose). It means a lot of making fun of me when I am bowling, but I am really good at it if anyone needs me to be in a bowling league (or League of Justice).
6. I am entertained very easily. I can do pretty much anything and have a good time. This probably stems from the fact that growing up, if we ever said "I'm Bored" to my Dad, he would tell us to find something to do, or HE would find something for us that would be much less fun than whatever we could find. Thus, my brother Mike and I are both entertained very easily.
So, there are some quirks about me and I am sure that if you have ever lived with me, none of them are a surprise. But, if you are looking for something to do, call me-I am up for anything. Just don't ask me to go dancing...

3 comments:

Jen-E said...

haha i have to have the toilet seat down too!! Apparently we are alot alike :) except I dance like a ghetto girl haha.

Michele and Wyatt said...

I love your shelf. How fun to have all those great memories in one place.

Danny, Jen, Kadee, Kambrie and Lillian said...

Stalked you from Shayna's blog.. cute cute. how are you girl..