Monday, October 13, 2008

Reba and Kelly in Concert? Oh My!

This past Friday, Laura and I went to the event that we have been planning on since August: Reba McIntire and Kelly Clarkson in Concert at the Stadium formerly known as the Delta Center. It was pretty much all we hoped it would be and more! We started the night off by going to Iggy's and then just headed over to check out our 7th row seats. We were a little early...
We had about an hour to wait, so we just people watched, trying to decide if people were Reba or Kelly Fans. Then, we got an unexpected treat:
That's right, it was Barbara Jean from the Reba show! She came out and was hilarious! When she left, we were a little sad, but had a sneaking suspicion that we hadn't seen the last of her. We started getting really excited for the big moment when the girls showed up and we screamed our heads off when they finally started singing! They started with "Sweet Dreams" by Annie Lennox which was an interesting choice, but they could sing the phone book and still sound awesome!
They sang all of my favorite Reba and Kelly songs for two whole hours! We stood up and danced and sang at the top of our lungs...
We even got to see Barbara Jean again when they sang "I'm a Survivor" because don't you worry, she tried to sing it with them...

All-in-all, it was a fantastic night and made me an even bigger fan of these ladies. Although I am pretty sure that I can't be a much bigger fan of Kelly...I own her movie, "From Justin to Kelly", the American Idol first season highlights DVD, and all of her CDs and now I have seen her in concert 3 times! And, I am pretty sure that my sister Laura and Kelly were separated at birth, so that seals the deal. She is even worth my ears still ringing after 3 days and my hair getting huge by the end of the concert (humid stadium + my hair = me not wondering why I don't have a boyfriend)

So, thanks ladies for a great concert, and believe me, if either one of you are anywhere near us in the future, we will for sure be coming to your concert!

6 comments:

Todd and Amyjoy said...

So Cool! Believe it or not, our favorite concert that Todd and I have been to was Kenny Loggins! He was awesome. I know you are thinking, Kenny Loggins???
Think Top Gun songs! :)

Amye Kay said...

I always love checking in on your blog! You are so whitty with your comments, and I loved the veggie story. I think you look GOR-GE-OUS with you humid hair. :)

Anonymous said...

Anne, I tagged you on my blog! Check it out...

Cinda said...

What a fun night. It must be fun to have your sister around to hang out with all the time.

Becky said...

I don't think I would have put those two together but sounds like it was a great night. You guys had some pretty awesome seats.

Very fun.

It must be time to tag Anne, it's true...I tagged you too. :)

Kendra said...

Sweet! I finally had a chance to check out all the pics from the concert. I'm so jealous!!! It looks like it was a blast!