Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Newest Obsession...

So anyone out there who is as upset with the lack of new TV as I am...I have been watching DVD seasons of shows and catching up on the movies I have missed through NetFlix. I have a few recommendations for those who need some mindless entertainment to fill some good TV/Movie watching time:
  • All seasons of The Office-Really, I think that Dwight just gets funnier the more times you watch him mace Andy and being able to watch Michael grill his foot on the George Foreman grill over and over again really is hilarious! Good news: new episodes of The Office will start airing April 10!
  • Sydney White-For any Amanda Bynes fans who may have missed this movie in the theaters, this is a modern day telling of Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs that is adapted to Sydney White and the 7 Dorks. Plus-for any Gilmore Girls fans, Doyle is one of the dorks...Grumpy and he is hilarious!
  • Indiana Jones-In honor of the new movie coming out soon, we have started to watch the old classics. Note-even though I have seen it probably a hundred times, the snake scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark still makes me curl up in the fetal position and start hyperventilating! Bad:there are some boys in my life who before watching the movie with me did not have the information that I am terrified of snakes...now they are aware and probably plotting their next prank!
  • Heroes Season 1-So I had never had any desire to watch this show by any means, but my friend Marisa had the first season and said that I would definitely love it. She was right, I am totally obsessed! It is a quirky, suspenseful, super-hero shoe that has a bunch of twists and turns that I haven't totally figured out. Another plus for Gilmore Girls fans, Milo Ventimiglia (Jess) is one of the main characters and he is awesome! Watching this show also renews my love of all things Superhero so I ask the question: If you could have any superhero powers, what would you want and why?

6 comments:

Jen-E said...

I have wanted to see Sydney White! I'll rent it!

Jane said...

Sydney White is a very cute movie - I think I saw it with my friend Vicki Ranieri.

ames said...

Hi Anne,
How are you? Long time no talk.
I found your blog via Kimmys blog via Jennies. Your posts are so fun. I am excited to keep in touch with you better. I am new to the blogging world and still trying to fiqure it all out.
Amy

ames said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ames said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

I am Office fan myself - although we don't get season four down here in good ol' Guadalajara. SO really the strike hasn't affected us all that much. They show reruns everyday...so even though we started a couple seasons late, in a matter of months we were quickly brought up to speed.