Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Single Awareness Day!

So I figured that I should have a good attitude about this February 14th...mostly because I saw more than one couple on campus in emotional distress. The most awkward, though was the couple that was breaking up whilst on the shuttle to the stadium with me. The conversation went kind of like this:
Boy: Stop following me! We are over and you just can't get it through your head!
Girl: (Says something quiet that none of us can hear)
Boy: We are through. That's all, we are through. Get it through your head that we are done. Don't call me, text me, come over to my house. We are through!
Girl: Can't we talk about this?
Boy: What's the point of talking about it? We have talked about it 10 times and it is just the same old bullcrap. We are done! Get it through your stupid head, we are done!
Girl: Well, if you won't talk about it, I guess we are.
Then, she walks off the bus and boy sits there with his head in his hands.

That was just one of the awkward couple-fighting conversations that I heard this week that made my singleness not seem so bad.

Good thing of the week: 4-wheel drive in the middle of a blizzard and my brother Mike getting into the California Highway Patrol! I hope he gets used to me calling him "Ponch"

8 comments:

Laura B from the LBC said...

Um, was that couple serious? They better put that girl on suicide watch because if that happened to me I would kill myself!

Jen-E said...

oh my gosh!! I really hope they were fake fighting, that poor girl is stalker material...eek!

Jane said...

Oh, the things overheard on a bus.... She needs to read, "He's Just Not That Into You"

Nikki said...

Thanks for the conversation recap...it brought back memories from my Preparing for Celestial Marriage class at the institute that had an engaged couple in there that fought everyday! :) It makes me feel proud to be single! :)

Chantalle said...

Nice blog! :) I found it from Jennies'. Jennie- I think you are the only one I know who would fake a fight just for fun. I love that :) I love all the pictures!!

murdockspencer said...

I think sometimes people are so focused on a goal that it doesn't matter how they get it. You should have shot a video of it to put it on youtube.

DeAnna said...

I have to say that I really like reading your blog. I hope the Barlows are all doing well!! (I hope you don't mind I snooped and found your blog through Beck's)"blog-surfing" as I am told it is called.

Becky said...

I've never heard of a fake fight before - if that's the case, then that would seriously be so funny. If not, how sad.