Monday, September 15, 2008

When bored in Logan...



These past couple of weeks have been a little busy, but not without fun. A couple of weekends ago we went down to Brigham City for Peach Days. Let me describe Peach Days to you: if there was a movie being made about someone from a small town and they needed a place to film-this would be it! They shut down Main Street and there were carnival rides and window displays, old men sitting in their lawn chairs in front of the stores, Harley riders complete with mullets and American flags, and a dance presentation in front of Town Hall. I, of course, am entertained easily, so I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and took in every whiff of cotton candy I could. We also ate lunch at Maddox and bought fruit at a fruit stand, so the experience was complete.
This past weekend, my roomies decided to go camping for the last nice weather of the season, so we headed up the canyon. I decided that I would go up for the evening and eat a yummy dinner of dutch oven chicken and potatoes and then enjoy a night of sleep in my own bed. Lucky for me, I was still there when our neighbor at the next camp decided that he would honor us with a song on his banjo. He introduced himself at Ugly Earl (which I immediately decided to change to Crazy Earl and he was okay with that), and made Melissa be his helper while he sang a song about a dog. She was great! She barked at all the right times and wagged her tongue when she was supposed to...Crazy Earl was thrilled.

Then, when we were all finally home from the weekend, we decided to play around with the laptop and take some fun pics. 2 hours and 98 pictures later, we were still laughing our heads off and decided that we are very easily entertained! Here are some samples of some of the best ones that we took, although I am sure that we will be taking more:)



So, that is the report of what happens when 4 middle class white girls armed with a laptop do when we are bored...

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I have never been to Peach Days...it sounds like it may be something we need to go to next year as a family. And it's good to see that you are still easily amused...fun!!!

Becky said...

You paint such an inviting picture of Brigham City. It makes me want to visit. My grandpa grew up there and is now buried their with his sweetheart.
BTW love the pictures...perhaps I am easily entertained too having spend hours laughing at similar simplicities.

Kim said...

I love the update Anne. It is fun to hear how you are spending your days. We haven't done anything nearly as exciting as Peach days. Just the same-o stuff. I'll send you some pictures, of course.