Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday...I mean WEEK!

It has become tradition in my world to celebrate everyone's birthdays for at least a week. It takes that long to really make someone feel appreciated. SO, I figured it would be a great time to take at least a few days to celebrate my birthday. I got to head down to Taylorsville and blow out some candles:Then eat some yummy homemade cupcakes with some of my favorite girls:Then I went out to eat with my sister named Laura to PF Changs and it was so yummy! I would definitely recommend the lettuce wraps-they were to die for! This was the day for some great presents too: some yummy smelling lotion from B & B Works and a new Digital Camera! Anyone who has had to take a picture with what I lovingly refer to as "ghetto camera" will happily agree that this was a much needed gift:) Then, after a few days in Salt Lake, I headed back to Logan for a half day of work and then, Saturday we went to Bear Lake:Here we are at the Bear Lake Lookout and this was the best pic taken by the poor nerdy guy that we asked to take the picture for us. We had a great time and went to LaBeau's (who gave me food poisoning for my birthday and are SO not getting a thank you card for that gift) and just hung out on the lake. And in true Barlow tradition, I had to take a picture of the natural habitat of Bear Lake:I am pretty sure that I never want to run across the "Utah Sucker Fish" whilst playing in the water. All-in-all I had a great week and although I still only admit to being "Twenty Ten" this birthday will rank up there on the list of favorites. Thanks to everyone for the cards, pics, well wishes on Facebook, phone calls and presents. And, oh yeah, I also get to go shopping at my favorite store, ROSS! So I truly feel loved.

7 comments:

Laura B from the LBC said...

I wouldn't call it a "true Barlow tradition"....

But I'm glad you had a good week!

Cinda said...

Sounds like a super fun time. I miss celebrating our birthdays together!

Michele and Wyatt said...

Happy Birthday Anne! I'm glad you had a great week.

Jennie said...

Those little girls are "Janette clones"!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Anne. I'm glad to hear it was wonderful.

Jen and Ryan said...

I would like to know who commented under my name...wasnt me!

You think the cameras we got last Christmas were ghetto???? I did a lot of research to get us great cameras! I need an explanation as to why you think it was "ghetto". Im glad you had a great birthday week!

Jane said...

Sorry, Jen, for some reason your acct. was on our computer and I didn't even notice it until I'd posted!