Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's Been One of Those Days...

Maybe I am a little cranky because I woke up with a headache today. Maybe it is because I am a little tired, maybe a little crazy busy. I am not sure. All I know is that I have reached my limit of tolerance for today and luckily my plans for tonight have evolved into crawling into my bed with two guys named Ben and Jerry and watching a movie-just to spare the world from my presence. What pushed me over the edge you ask? Well here are the things that have gotten on my last nerve today:
1. A well-known advisor called me today and first asked in her condescending tone,"How are WE doing today?" and then later in the conversation,"Why would WE do this?" Seriously? How are WE doing? Well, I am fine, how are all of you? Seriously.
2. This doesn't happen very often but two students applied today stating their majors as "Public Health" only they forgot to include the "L". Seriously.
3. I got asked the question,"So when is Preston going to be Annexed into Utah so that we can receive Utah Residency?" Seriously? What I wanted to say was,"Well, Utah and Idaho are going to be combined to make one large state. We're going to call it Udaho." Seriously.
Luckily, the sarcastic answers that run through my mind when things like this happen are not the first things that pop out of my mouth. But seriously. I promise that I love my life and the next post will be way more positive. But for right now, I have just had it.

4 comments:

Todd and Amyjoy said...

We all have days like that. They just look different.
For example after a trip to WalMart (seriously I HATE WalMart)-crying all the way home with four kids in the back of the minivan, music turned WAY up so that she wouldn't hear any more complaints or fights, and so they couldn't hear the uncontrollable sobs coming from the front seat. Straight to the chocolate she went and straight to time out went all the kiddos. Yes we all have days like THAT!

Jennie said...

AHHHH! I hate days like that! I was once proof reading a proposal at my old job for "The Public Health Research Building"...and guess what was spelled wrong! I was like "Good thing I proof read this or else the client would have seen it this way!"

Ben and Jerry are wonderful men.

Martie and Chad said...

Anne you have brought back some admissions memories for me. I need to stop by and say hello to you guys. I hope all is well. Say hi to the gang for me.

Martie

Nikki said...

HA HA HA!! Oh how I miss working at USU just for those reasons. Your response #2 hit me the hardest though...seriously funny. We had a girl apply at TCBY and put that her previous job title was "ass manager"...no joke. We interviewed her just for the laugh. Thanks for sharing your sarcastic opportunity moments!! Hilarious.