Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sister, St. George, Squished Lizard and Sammie




I decided that there were a few things that happenings in June that I haven't shared yet, so here are some fun things we did:


1. Went to Salt Lake to celebrate Laura's bday with my Mom and stayed at the mansion. We had a ton of fun watching random movies like "Honeymoon in Vegas" and pretty much anything on the Lifetime channel, at ribs at the Porcupine Grill and made the favorite enchiladas. It was an all around fun and well rested weekend.


2. Went to St George with my office for a conference of all of the Admissions, Recruiting and Registrar's offices in the state of Utah. It was my first trip to the southern part of the State, so I was pretty in awe of the beautiful surroundings. We got to go to some good seminars, do some good shopping (I got 5 shirts and 2 pairs of flats for $35.00), and got to see the Temple. We even got to see how the University's mini-van would handle in the torrential downpour that was the weather on the ride home. I have to say it handled like a champ! Best part of the trip: it was free and we had a blast being out of the office for a few days!

3. Whilst in St George, I learned something that I had already suspected, but had never seen before: they have lizards everywhere! We saw one that was roadkill in the parking lot and it was huge! It was at least as big as two of my flip-flops with a little more tail to spare...one girl saw it and ran away. I just took a picture of it on my phone and sent it to all of my friends that would appreciate it! Yuck! I added it to the side of the blog, so you can check it out. It was cool.
4. The best part of the month-we got a new neice in our family! Samantha Rose Barlow entered the world on June 27 weighing in at 7 lbs 1 oz and stretching to 21 inches. I have only seen pictures so far, but from what I can tell, she is a knock-out! My parents are gushing about how perfect she is and I totally believe them. Now her Aunties that are the farthest away have to meet her...which we will do over the 4th of July weekend at our immediate family reunion. Looks like she arrived just in time to meet everyone. I will post more when I have pictures of her with her favorite curly-haired aunt:)

4 comments:

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Anne,
I love reading your blog. I showed my kids the lizard. They said ewwww and ran away!
Have a great 4th!
Amyjoy

Amye Kay said...

Anne, I stumbled onto your blog off Robin Germany's blog. It was so fun to catch up with your life. I still remember seeing you that one day in Logan Mall at Hallmark. It was so good to see you. I loved seeing pictures of your mom and dad and your sisters. We will always share a connection of Pleasanton and I feel tied to you because of it. Check us out on http://amyekay.blogspot.com
Love, Amye (Brown) Kay

Jen-E said...

HEY! I have curly hair too!

Cinda said...

You were down here and didn't see me? You're in trouble now! I would understand if you were busy.