Friday, June 20, 2008

Flashback Friday

So, one of my students who has rockin' 80's hair (Yeah, he's 42 and has feathered hair that goes down his back and a faded denim shirt unbuttoned to reveal a very hairy chest with a gold chain nestled among the dark hair) just came in and after some reflection of the Awesome 80's I figured I would share that at one time I too had a love of the spandex pants. Although I still have the big hair-which is probably going to be with me for a long time, so I have learned to love it-this picture also shows the "Sun-In" highlights which are long gone. And yes, that is a wave of hair atop my forehead with the greatest bangs ever. Some of my favorite things about the '80's: Neon, leggings, LA Gear shoes, Pop Rocks, all things Oakland A's (this is when the greatest years of my lifetime occured with Jose, Mark and Walt), TV shows like Misfits in Science, The Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman and Scooby Doo, movies like Flight of the Navigator, Mannequin, and Pee Wee's Big Adventure and of course the music! Depeche Mode, Bon Jovi, The B52's and Pat Benatar made every youth dance the most rockin place ever!
While the days of big hair, rubber bracelets, pegged pants, shirt clips and giant bangs are over, I will always look back on all of those things with fondness. And a little thankful prayer in my heart that not all of it was captured on camera!

6 comments:

Laura B from the LBC said...

Oh my classic Anna! Hilarious!!! I am dying! (although I partly wish you would have put up the picture of your homemade junior prom dress.....I tease because I love)

Cinda said...

How fun were the 80's? I still listen to the music. It's the greatest! Did you laugh out loud at the guy? i probably would have.

Nikki said...

I think you need to add your 80's flashback moment from the old 53rd ward...bring on those pictures! :)

ames said...

Anne,
I have some pictures of us looking just like this. I think we were pretty rad! Sometime we need to have lunch and swap pictures.

Jane said...

I think I kept that outfit in a box somewhere - when you come home you can have it! jk
What style...

Michele and Wyatt said...

Anne,
I just found your blog through Amyjoy's. I'm so excited to be able to keep up with what you are doing. I love this blogging thing. if you would like you can check us out at wmansfield.blogspot.com. I would love to hear from you some time. Have a great day.
Michele