Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April, American Idol AND Baseball!

Really, does it get better than this? Today is Tuesday, April 1 and although we got 4" of snow yesterday and it is arctic temperatures today, I can't help but be happy because of things to come...mostly baseball! I love baseball season and everything about it. I love the smell of the stadium-including the freshly cut grass, hot dogs and even the beer...I love the game itself and the fun that it brings. I, of course, love the beleagured A's, but have started to follow the White Sox simply because I also love Swisher-but I will always wear the green and yellow proudly.
The other thing that I love about this day is American Idol is on Tuesday nights. I have to say that I haven't been surprised by anyone that has been voted off so far, I have just been surprised by the order. I would have liked to see what Amanda could have done with a ballad, but other than that, I have agreed with the cast-offs. My bottom three are now: Kristie Lee Cook (although I liked her last week's performance, I still don't think she's that good) Ramiele (she is just plain weak and I am shocked she hasn't been in the bottom so far) and Jason Castro (besides the fact that his dreadlocks freak me out, he just isn't that strong). My top three favs are David Archuleta, David Cook and Brooke White-and I do not think that Sayesha should be in the bottom yet. My biggest surprise from last week was the Australian guy-he had a strong performance finally so hopefully he keeps it up.
Anyways, I will be watching the performances tonight and probably humming my favorite songs tomorrow, so all in all it is a good Tuesday.

2 comments:

Laura B from the LBC said...

I have to say that I am so excited for baseball season to finally be here! (Although I can't say I share your affinity for the smell of beer)...There are so many changes though!

And I think for American Idol, David Cook should win. Archuleta keeps singing songs no one has heard of and Brooke White is too skinny.....

But I still miss David Hernandez...

Nikki said...

I love your take on American Idol. I agree with not surprised of those that got voted off, but surprised that Kristy stayed after her bad rendition a few weeks ago. David Cook probably will win it all...great voice & sexy hot. David Archuleta and Brooke White are my other favorites. Great minds think alike...as always! PS...I found the ward! :)