Monday, February 8, 2010

Goal #2: Get a Haircut and Get a Real Job

I am pretty sure that this one is a song title. I have moved away from my most favorite hair stylist ever, so I have been in a bad way as far as the haircut goes. I love my huge curly hair, but it really does grow OUT-not DOWN. And it has been growing out since I last saw my favorite hair stylist in October...you get the picture. So-I have to decide what to do with it now. I am making this one a goal because finding a new hairstylist is quite the process. I can color it myself, but the cut is crucial. So for now, I will be maintaining the mane and sitting in the back row wherever I go because I don't want to block anyone's view.
GET A REAL JOB-I have officially begun the job search as of the second week of January and whenenver I go through this process I am highly discouraged when there are not a ton of people knocking at my door offering to pay me a lot of money to do something that I love. With benefits. And reasonable hours. I know that at this time in our economy's history I need to be patient and keep putting myself out there. The job will come. So for now, I will keep putting in the work to find work. There is a fabulous job out there just waiting for me to find it. Maybe I can be a hair model...

4 comments:

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Good luck with the job search, AND the hairdresser search. :)

Cinda said...

Ahhh, Mufasa! Brought back memories. Good luck with the job thing!

Shayna and Jeremy said...

You would be an excellent hair model! I think you should totally do it! And as for the finding a new hairdresser, that can be quite a task, so maybe you should just come back for a visit and get your haircut while you are here?!! Perfect solution don't you think? We even have a spare bedroom for you to sleep in! It would be a party!

The Weist Family said...

Kelly @ Michael Brandon Salon in Dublin is fabulous. The salon is over by the movie theater. As is Natalie Zollinger at Victoria's Salon in downtown Pleasanton. Natalie's only in town one week a month so you sort of have to plan around her schedule. Good luck! =)
~Misty