Friday, October 9, 2009

Too.Much.Information. Seriously.

So, a quick trip to Wal-Mart last night turned into a moment that I wanted to plug my ears and sing loudly, "I can't hear you! I can't hear you!" when I ran into an old friend of the male gender that I hadn't seen for a while:

AB: Oh hi! (Quick embrace) How are things with you?
Male: Great! My wife is pregnant...
AB: Really? That is great! Does that make 3 for you?
Male: Oh no, this will be our fourth. Our youngest is 8 months old, so they will be 11 months apart when this next one is born.
AB: Wow! Wow...
Male: I know-she was even on birth control. But don't worry, after this one I am getting snipped and everything so we can be free to do...whatever...
AB: Wow...(I didn't really hear anything after this because I was too busy trying to figure out a way to run away and pick up the sour cream I needed)

After this experience I have learned 2 things: 1. Never use the words "Quick Trip" and "Wal-Mart" in the same sentence. It will never happen. 2. Be prepared when asking the question, "How are things with you?" to hear the actual answer. Yikes.

So, I have a simple plea to those of you who have no personal boundaries when it comes to sharing information about your life. If it involves the word "snipping" when describing your new method of birth control, no one besides your spouse wants to hear it. Trust me. Seriously.

4 comments:

Todd and Amyjoy said...

what is it about WalMart? I avoid that place as much as possible.
Sorry about that experience. It was especially uncomfortable because it was the husband talking to YOU about THEIR birth control!
Wow, he was brave :)

While wearing a BYU shirt I had an LDS guy come over and start telling me that he hated BYU, that he liked Boise State but that there were no more virgins for his son to date. I just said, "sorry about that." and ran away fast.

Jennie said...

HAHAHAHA EW. I feel so bad for you and your experiences like this!

Cinda said...

Oh boy! That is way too much information.

Nikki said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Seriously that is hilarious. Per our conversation the other day...it totally makes sense. HA HA HA HA HA WOW!!!!