Sunday, April 12, 2009

Goodbye Old Friend

Dear Anne-
We have been together for a long time now and it has been a good ride. We have been there for each other in good times and in bad, in fat times and in thin. We have been dressed up together, gone camping,painted,worked hard,traveled,and just hung out with friends. It has been years since the first time we met and now, I am afraid it is time for a fond farewell. As much as I have tried to keep my threads together, I am wearing thin, faded and developing holes where there shouldn't be holes. It is time to let me go. Now I know that it will be tough to go on without me, but I know that you can do it. You will have to try on endless pairs of replacements for me, never being satisfied until you find the perfect fit, but you cannot get discouraged. Have the faith that you can find another pair like me that accentuates all the right places, is the perfect color and the perfect length. You can do it. I must go to the dumpster now, but be strong.
With love, Your Favorite Jeans.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

aww man! I just had to be rid of my favorite pair of jeans...its so hard! I HATE jean shopping - Ryan made me go because apparently you're not allowed to just patch the holes worn in them. I feel for you sister.