Tuesday, March 17, 2009

An Amazing Spring Break

So anyone that has been watching the headlines in Utah lately knows that there have been some major budget cuts to higher education. While my job is safe so far, we did get put on furlough for Spring Break, meaning that campus was closed and we are not going to be paid for a week of work (which gets spread out every paycheck until July). So what did I do? I hightailed it out of here and spent 8 glorious days in California! My roommate Michelle came too and we had a great time that included seeing the sights in the City:Going to see Wicked-which was AWESOME!Hanging out with Sammie, who pretty much looks like this every time we are around her:And introducing our new brother Ryan Wallace to everyone with an Open House:
Which, by the way, means that I have officially lost my title as tallest person in the family now that he is around.
All-in-all, we played, enjoyed the sunny weather, got some much needed R&R, ate lots of good food and were a little sad to come back to Logan. It was a great break, but maybe best of all, my curse of the canyon is broken-it looked like this both times we drove through:

Ah-I love that Spring is right around the corner...

4 comments:

Cinda said...

Sounds like a fun time. I love spring and fall down here. The weather is just perfect. Unfortunently, my family all have some allergy problems right now.

Calipalooza said...

What an awesome spring break! I wish I got one...it's fun to keep up with you!

Laura B from the LBC said...

Look at how shrimpy I look in that picture!

Jane said...

Love you to pieces! Thanks for everything!