Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Great Christmas Break

Now that I am back in Logan and immersed into my life of work, school, friends and snow, I am especially grateful for the opportunity I had to spend 10 wonderful days in Cali with my favorites. Before I left, though, I got a visit from The Grinch:He came to my house for a short visit and tried to convince me to stay, but was not very successful. So I headed home and we got to do lots of fun things whilst there,like go to San Carlos and visit Dad's new store:Take our annual trip to the city to shop with the girls and go to our favorite park to eat and watch the fog roll in:Laura gets really excited when we go and play at this park:
All in all we had a great time just hanging out watching movies and taped TV shows, playing games, shopping, watching football, going to a Boxing Day party to see a bunch of old friends and enjoying the company of a British man named Harvey (although I don't know his last name, he has been totally sloshed every time I have seen him, so in my mind his name is Harvey Wallbanger), seeing the lights at the Temple, and of course playing with the newest addition to our family:Although I had a great time at home, I was still excited to come back to Logan and see my friends and make sure the pile on my desk was not too high. I guess that my co-workers missed me, too, because when I came back to work, here is what I found on my desk:Now for those of you who don't watch The Office, you will not get the humor of the fact that my co-workers froze some of my things in Jell-o...but it was hilarious! I also got to catch up with two of my favorite boys in my world (who don't normally look like this and I am sure they will be excited to know I posted this pic):So really, it was a great break, but with all of this to come back to, who could blame me for wanting to be back in Logan?

6 comments:

Destiny said...

These boys in ski goggles.... Hook a sister up.

I miss the Barlows.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Those two are funny. Your trip looked awesome. I loved that park when we were there. Tell your dad congrats on his new store! That's so fun!

PS, that's awesome that they were able to get all of you stuff in jell-o. That's kind of hard!

Cinda said...

I'm glad you had a great time for the holidays. They go by way too fast, don't they? Back to the grind!

ames said...

Sounds like a fun vacation. Nothing like good ole P-town and mom and dads house for the holidays

Michele and Wyatt said...

It sounds like you had a good break. I love The Office, and the jello is awesome.

Lydia and Josh said...

jello is awesome!