Monday, August 11, 2008

I Heart the Olympics


I have to apologize now to any of you that were hoping to see me anywhere outside my house for the next few weeks. You see, when the Olympics come on I kind of go into a coma whilst watching them. I can't seem to tear myself away. I love all things Olympics and I of course get the chills when something miraculous happens. Like last night with the men's relay: does it get better than the Americans? Note to the French team: When you decide to shoot your mouth off and state to the newspapers that the whole reason you came to China is to smash the Americans, you make our men all the more pumped up to make you eat your words. I think that last night's race where we beat the French and set a world record will go down as one of the greatest Olympic moments in history.

Another one of my favorites are the commentators. After the above mentioned moment, one of the announcers screamed, "Who's talking now?!" Hilarious. Another favorite: Bob Costas commentating the Opening Ceremonies (which were also amazing by the way) and stating, "In case any of you are wondering why everyone is sweating, it's because it is 85 degrees in here, Nary a breeze." The other announcer picked up on the use of the word nary by stating, "Nary, huh? Great word!" They are always being witty with eachother, so listen carefully and you will have nary a disappointment.

Ah the wonder that is the Olympics. I love them!

5 comments:

Laura B from the LBC said...

Um yeah, that swimming race gave me chills! Amazing! Those stupid french.....

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Hi Anne,
Totally agree with you! Incredible.
We were all in our pjs last night (all six of us!) at 5:00pm and glued to the t.v. We all cuddled up with our blankets and it was a very bonding evening. Loved every minute. Our kids all have Olympics flags and were shouting "Go Olympics"! Too cute.
Have a great day.
Amyjoy

Melody said...

Hi Anne!
Hi!
I don't know if you remember me or not, but it's Melody from Ricks. I was room mates with Rachel, Kristi, Lisa Joy, Terri, & Larriann! So fun to be in touch again. I have a blog too, http://daissondailydoings.blogspot.com/
Stop by sometime! Oh, I tried to visit AmyJoy's blog, but it is set to private. Could you give her my email (MelodyScraps @ gmail.com) so she could give me permission to view her blog, if she wants to :)
I love the Olympics too!

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Anne,
I got her message. I have emailed Melody :)

Amyjoy

Cinda said...

Happy Birthday Anne!!! Wish we could spend it together. Have some cake and ice cream for me!