Thursday, August 21, 2008

Best Birthday Weekend Ever!

Some people believe in a BirthDAY...I believe in a BirthWEEK! I went home on Thurday night the 14th for the weekend with Laura to celebrate my Birthday. It turned out to be the perfect weekend! On Friday, my Mom, Laura, Chel, and I took Sammie to her first chick flick "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and we had a great time. Sammie was very good the whole time and we enjoyed the movie. Then that night, Laura, Jen and I went with the parents to the A's game. It was a blast! We got to watch some good baseball-the A's won for a change-and just hang out. Saturday, we went to another A's game during the day with the entire family...we had been a little neglectful because we waited a whole 7 weeks before introducing the newest Barlow girl to the A's. As you can see from above, she had a great time and so did we. She was dressed head-to-toe in A's clothing which included a blanket and it was the cutest thing ever! After the game we went to the Cheesecake Factory. It is yummy there and if you ever want to score major points with me...buy me the Tuxedo Cheesecake. It really is heaven in the shape of Cheesecake. Sunday we hung out and had dinner with the fam. My Dad is a master barbecuer, so we had Tri-Tip and it was a close second to the Cheesecake for the title of heaven. Monday involved shopping with the girls and getting really good deals and then flying back to SLC late Monday night. I stayed in the estate with Laura and then we had lunch at the Capitol on my actual Birthday. She was a very good hostess. I shopped my way back to Logan and went to dinner at Cafe Sabor with the roommates. When we came home a bunch of people came over for cake and to surprise me on my big 25th:) All-in-all, I think that I am getting this birthday thing right and have had a great few days! I am very lucky to have such great family and friends around to help me celebrate on my birthday. It was great!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

OK...I love the idea of a Birthday Week. I am totally doing that for my next birthday. Happy Belated Birthday...you look like you had the best weekend ever!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Anne! Wish we could've been there, either in California or in Logan, to help you celebrate. I still need to take Brad to a professional baseball game. Gotta teach that boy!

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Anne,
Happy Birthday! I am glad that you had a great time!!!
Amyjoy

Laura B from the LBC said...

Sounds like it ended up to be a good day! It was such a great weekend home....loved it!

Becky said...

I thought about you all day Tuesday. Happy Birthday Babe! I am glad to hear that you had such a great week. That little Sammi is adorable and what a cute name too. I suspect you've mentioned her in a previous blog...I think I'll be needing to catch up. :)

Becky said...

oh yeah...luv the sister pic!

Cinda said...

I love the flashback friday picts. Sounds like you had a really great birthday week!!

Michele and Wyatt said...

Happy Birthday! Even if I'm a bit late. Hey, I thought we were the same age, does that make me 25 too. I'll go for that. I'm glad you had a great week, and there's nothing like spending time with family and friends.

AG said...

Happy Happy birthday Anne dear,
Happy Days will come to you all year,
If I had one wish then it would be:
a Happy Happy Birthday to you from me.

Sorry I missed it, thought of you.

Alisha