Monday, June 16, 2008

The Wonder that is Steve



I know that I am a little late for Father's Day, but I would like to share why it is that my Dad is the greatest! Here are a few of the reasons why:
  1. He has the magic touch in more ways than one. He can take a sliver out without it hurting. He can fix anything with gorilla snot glue that wouldn't otherwise stick. He can start the unstartable car. He can pack up a house in record time and nothing gets broken. He can listen when it feels like your world is going to fall apart and bring it all back into perspective. He can make you feel like he is your biggest fan even when you are in hot water. He can calm nerves just by being in the room when you are giving a talk, performance or recital.
  2. He instilled in his girls a love of sports. Many would think that being in a family where there are more females than males would make for lots of ballet and playing with dolls. Well, some of the most fun memories that I have of growing up Barlow is going to many many A's games, watching football with Dad on the big screen and most of all-the best years of softball when he was my coach. I still have my mitt in the Jeep at all times just so I can play whenever the occasion allows and I get that from my Dad.
  3. He is the knower of all things when it comes to cars. I still discuss all things related to my vehicle with him, because I know that he will know the answer. We all have a special love and appreciation when it comes to vehicles...especially the classic ones!
  4. He is an incredible example to all who are around him of how to be a worthy Priesthood holder and a worthy member of the church. All growing up, he was off to meetings or to help someone in need and never complained. Not once.

So, here are just a few of the many examples as to why my Dad is the greatest. Happy Father's Day, Dad and thanks for everything you do for me and for our family. You are an incredible example of a husband, father, leader, business man, and most importantly, friend. I love you and I am proud to call you my Dad.


No comments: