Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Wonder that is Jane


The other day, one of my guy friends said that if they wanted to know what a girl would look like when she got older, just look at her Mom. I of course said, "Yahoo" and there were a few other people in the room that know the wonder that is Jane, so they also said that I am a very lucky girl. Here is a picture of her pretty-ness and although I am pretty sure that I wasn't feeling very good in this pic, it is a really good one of her. I am giving the Mother's Day talk in church tomorrow, so I have been thinking a lot about what exactly I want to say. I have decided that I want to talk about what kinds of traits that we can take into our own lives that we have learned from our mothers. So, in honor of my mother, here are a few things that I have learned:


  1. That no matter what, a mother will always be there when you need her. Whether she is in the car driving you to yet another place or learning how to play catch just so you would have someone to practice with or listening to yet another phone call where you are freaking out about the latest drama from Utah, Moms are always there.

  2. No matter how hard you try, you will always laugh just like your mother. To testify to this fact, just get all of the Barlow girls in one room...enough said.

  3. She will always come to whatever sporting event that you are playing in, whether she understands the sport or not, she will be there to support and cheer the loudest and take pictures of you in action.

  4. No matter how old you are, you still want your mom when you are sick and no one can tuck you in like her. She always knows what the right things are to say and do that will sooth your sickness like nobody else can.

  5. The older you get, the more you appreciate all of the things that Mom did for you and still does for you whenever you need her. Luckily, she is just a phone call away so you can talk to her even when she is driving to a random place in the Bay Area:)

Anyways, there are a lot of ways that we can describe our mothers, but as I get older and hopefully wiser, I have found that the most valuable thing that I can call my Mom is FRIEND. Thanks for being such a good Mom and I love you.




4 comments:

ames said...

Anne, that is a nice tribute to your mom. I too have fond memories of your mom. Wish her Happy Mothers Day for me.
Amy

Heather said...

Hi Anne,
Do you remember me??? I hope you are doing well. Seeing your pics of Logan makes me miss USU and the 53rd ward! NYC is quite different than Logan. :)
Heather (thompson) Eastman
PS. do you know where BJ is living?

Anne of Green Barlows said...

Hi Heather! Of course I remember you...I am pretty sure that BJ and his wife are up in Boise still. Things here are good-How are YOU?

Jane said...

Thank you, Annie! I've said it before: I am not worthy! Love and kisses....