Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring is almost here!

So, this weekend was especially nice here in the freezingness of Utah...as I drove closer to Salt Lake, the temperature reading kept getting warmer and warmer! It was a whole 20 degrees warmer in Salt Lake than it was in Logan. That's right, I said 20 degrees! These are the kinds of events that make me ponder why I still live in Logan...until I look around at the mountains. We are surrounded by some of the most beautiful mountain ranges I have ever seen. I have gotten used to having them as a backdrop to everything that I do, so I will brave the cold to be able to stare at them and enjoy nature.
On another note-we had a great relaxing weekend with Dad in town and got to stay in SLC for the weekend to have a break from our lives. We experimented with a couple of new restaurants (both of which we will go back to), got to take a tour of the capitol given by our own insider who's key apparently opens a lot of doors, and we saw the movie "College Roadtrip". It was a fun movie, although a little dumb, but it was fun and there was an extra bonus:Donny Osmond! I really think that he is so cheesy, but I love it! This movie is definitely a renter.
Also good news....The Office will be back on the air with new episodes on April 10th! Until then, I have been watching some clips on the website, and one of my favorites so far is when Dwight is talking to the camera and says: "Whenever I go to do something, I ask myself, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if the answer is 'yes' then I do not do that thing."

4 comments:

murdockspencer said...

The mountains definitely are beautiful. Especially in summer when it all turns brown...or is it orange?

Nikki said...

So fill us in on the new restaurants...I'm totally curious!

Jen-E said...

I wish I was there last weekend! I miss you! Donny Osmond is hilariously cheesy!

Unknown said...

Spring is almost here!!! Thanks for coming up to my shower it was so fun to see you. I just wanted to leave you this comment so you have my blog address. www.bulloughsblog.blogspot.com I hope to see you again soon!!!