Monday, April 12, 2010

#7: Get Healthy!

Since I think that "fat" is a subjective word, I will not use it to describe myself, but instead, I will say that I would like to get healthy in 2010. Not that I am unhealthy right now, but there is a little too much of me to love, so I would at least like to set a goal to ""Lose 35 by Age 35"-which means I have until August and I will do it. It is in print now, so I can't back down. I also have a new workout partner who would like to do the same thing, so I am thinking a little wager might be in order. I will start posting pics to the side of the blog weekly so that I can share in the progress. If anyone would like to join me in this quest, please do-whether you are near or far, I would love to share inspirational stories.
My first inspirational story that motivates me to be healthy: SInce I have been home, I no longer am suffering from migraines. As opposed to the huge one every other month I was getting when I was crazy busy, this is a huge feat in my life! This has come from my first goal to be rested. I have really concentrated on getting enough sleep and figuring out how much sleep I need-you would be surprised how much a 20 minute nap can change your life! Now, I would like to be healthier and healthier so that I can do all the traveling that I want without having to worry about the shape that I am in...

5 comments:

Ben said...

I love the lose 35 by 35 idea. I think I might get on board that one too! Hope all is well for you!

Lydia and Josh said...

Since my birthday is in August too, I am thinking of doing 27 by 27. Good idea!

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Anne,
You GO GIRL! I know you can do it!!

Getting healthy is something that people often think of as a drugery. I think of it as life-saving. Basically my Mom died young from not taking care of herself. I tell you what, every day when I am working out, I think about my heart and how I am being so nice to myself. I think of every bead of sweat as life insurance. :)

So far I am on workout #81 for this year! Go me!

Have a great day!
Amyjoy

Stacie said...

I love it Anne! That is awesome. I can't wait to see the progress. It will be so motivational!!

Nikki said...

Awesome idea!!! I want on your bandwagon to do 35 by your 35! Count me in!!!