Monday, July 13, 2009

Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime?

Gotta love Logan in the summertime! We have done lots of things like gone to Summerfest:Which is a great outdoor art festival where we go to check out some local artists, hear some cool music, and observe some of the random locals that seem to only come out in the summer:But, let's be honest, we really go to Summerfest to eat the Dutch Oven food and Funnelcakes. Good thing it is only here once a year...
Now that I am only working on my internship through work this summer in order to graduate, I have more time for projects. I needed an end table, so I took this:And used a little of this:To make it into this:I have had the chance to have lots of fun visitors to Logan. My favorites were all in town for the 4th of July weekend, so there was lots of food, fun and watching the fireworks from the stadium. Then, last week, two of my BFFs that I grew up with in Pleasanton converged in Logan. We had a great time, and of course I had to take them to the Famous Aggie Ice Cream (which they insisted must not be THAT famous because they had never heard of it!). Here is a bad picture of Robin, Me, and Janette:And a way better picture of the cute kids:This week, we are going to Harry Potter (which is an event in itself)there's a visit from my favorite Janae from Idaho Falls and then leave for a week in Cali on the 22nd. Until then, I just have one more project to tackle:
This is my $8 kitchen table that right now resembles something from the '80s. So, I have stripped the top and am thinking it needs to be a red top with a black base to match my house but I haven't totally decided...

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Cute end table! I can't wait to see the kitchen table! I'm very excited for you to help me decorate :)